I saw this nice buffalo hanging around my gate one day recently. Stray dogs are all around the area, and stray cows they are in great demand. Well, maybe not in demand, but they're definitely around. A couple of years ago, stray pigs were all over the place too but there was a bit of a cleanup and now there's ne'er a stray pig to be seen. One runs into the odd monkey and God knows I've blogged about it here. But a stray buffalo? Well they're pretty rare. Honestly, I just left a few leftover chappatis out in case a stray cow strolled by and next thing I knew this great lumbering creature appeared from....well, nowhere and started eating. Luckily, I was carrying my mobile so I caught the moment for eternity and well - here he is.
That was over a week ago. He hasn't showed up again since.
I have been awarded this gorgeous Stylish Blogger Award by the one and only Rummuser my acquired elder brother (apologies are due to Padmini, his real sister, for stealing her brother, but heck, Padmini, you've got three and I've got none. What's a girl to do?).
This Stylish Blogger Award comes with a few rules attached.
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you. Easy enough. Thanks, Rummuser xxxx
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- I don't believe in astrology but I am a Taurean and amazingly enough, a typical Taurean. I have a hot temper, a thick neck, a tendency to throat infections when my immunity runs low and a tendency to use extremely earthy language when I am pushed to my limits.
- My blood group is A positive.
- I'm addicted to writing, tea and chocolate.
- I kissed the Blarney Stone and have the gift of the gab. In short, I could talk the hind leg off a donkey.
- My husband, for some reason, describes me as a militant feminist. Darling, I don't know where you got that idea!
- My kids are extremely protective of and possessive about me. I can't walk down the street but one of them (or all four) runs after me. Two sons and two daughters, ages from seven to fifteen.
- I've (almost) written a novel and have written dozens of short stories and innumerable blog posts.
I nominate: Amanda at Writing Allsorts, Susan at Stony River, Jenny Matlock at Off on my Tangent, Maggie May at Nuts in May and Suzanne Jones her eponymous blog. Now please don't go and tell me that you've gone award free. If you have this already, it's okay, just accept the award and skip the tag. Fine with me. Even if you haven't received the award and want to skip the tag, it's still all right with me!
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. It shall be done.
Well, I hope that puts an end to this xyz****### period of writer's block which I am now attempting to get over at the earliest possible date.
I think I'll go and meditate for a while. That usually does the trick.
Intense Debate comment system is installed. I've been informed by a friend that the system doesn't seem to work out on the Firefox browser. I hope that's temporary. If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the title